Sunday, July 9, 2006

She's back!


Kathy's back.



I have never seen Kathy so happy.
She arrived back from Europe Saturday afternoon, bubbling, excited, dog-tired and with a made craving for Taco Bell.
Kathy was full of stories.





The bus broke down in the Alps. She loves the Eiffel Tower and Paris (but of course!). She drew the line at trying paté. Her host family in Kellinghüsen sold Amway. She wants to study German. She loves Daimler-Chrysler's Smart car. She wears a size 40, but her shirt size is 172.
"I didn't feel like I was in another country," Kathy said. "German people and French people are just like us."
That's the whole point of the exercise, isn't it?
"Our last performance was, like, the best ever," Kathy said. "It really was. It was really amazing."
And she misses the Alps.
She liked the small towns better than the larger cities.
"It reminded me of home," she said. "Everybody knows everybody."
Kathy missed television.
"I didn't watch TV all the time I was there," she said.
And she wants to go back.




How ya gonna keep her down on the rez, now she's seen Paree?

No comments: