Sunday, June 30, 2013

Alice Cooper, Marilyn Manson and Father's Day


Andrew and I saw Alice Cooper and Marilyn Manson outdoors at the Soaring Eagle Saturday night. It was everything you'd expect from from that kind of a show - extreme volume rock and roll, pyrotechnics, and even though Alice Cooper is on Medicare these days (really!), he still performed with the snake, the straightjacket and the guillotine.


 It was Andrew's present to me for Father's Day. He said it made him feel good to be able to get me something he knew I'd really like.


The Soaring Eagle attracted a really good-size crowd for the show.


Both these performers have been playing since before some of their fans were born. 


And some of their fans seem to be have been listening for as long as Alice Cooper has been performing.

 

Jagger and Richards said it best nearly 40 years ago: It's only rock and roll, but I like it!

No comments: