Friday, May 26, 2006

Concerts

I used to dread going to the kids' concerts. Little voices like nails on a chalkboard, singing bad songs badly. I felt as if I were being punished.
I went to two shows this week, and I loved them both.
Robert's band concert was Tuesday night. I'll admit that the Christmas show was kinda shaky, but Tuesday's West Intermediate band concert was really, really good. And Thursday's West Intermediate choir concert was absolutely first-rate. Rick Phelps is challenging these kids to perform well, and they're living up to the expectations.
The sound inside the Mount Pleasant Public Schools Performing Arts Center is good -- and the sound on stage, from both shows, was good.
I used to count the years until I didn't have to go to any more shows. Now I'm looking forward to them.

No comments: