Monday, January 29, 2007

Amazing singing



I've heard Katherine say it before, and she said it again: "We sound amazing."
Truly, the Michigan State Honors Choir did sound amazing during its performance Saturday at Devos Hall in Grand Rapids.
For Katherine, it was her second straight year as an alto in the choir comprised of some of the best seventh-, eighth- and ninth-grade singers in the state. The performance was tight, well-rehearsed, and I just closed my eyes and let the harmonies wash over me.
It also was a great time to get together with the part of the family in Grand Rapids. Fuzzy and Annie made it to the show, along with Ethan, who lives with Fuzzy and whom Katherine likes.
Dinner at the Olive Garden followed the event; Katherine asked along her friend Christiana. She's "like a fairy-tale queen," in Kissy Missy's description.
It's worth noting that 15 Mount Pleasant students tried out for the honors choir -- and all 15 of them were selected.
What an experience.

2 comments:

Fuzzy said...

Kat's choir was the better of the three. The third one just didn't get me where it needed to. There was too much going on, and it took away from their skills as a group, not to mention the horrible mix of traditional with exploratory-style drums.

And yeah, I forget her mom's name, but even Annie remarked on her "I'm better than this, I don't want to be here" attitude.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Daddy!! I had a lot of fun and I'm really going to miss it next year. I still get to do Solo & Ensemble but I really miss the new friends I made.

Katherine

BTW: Me and Ethan are together. We have been for a MONTH!! =DDD